Friday, October 19, 2007

Still Chugging along...

It must look like I've been working on the AI at this point for pretty much forever, but what can I say - AI is my favourite part of game programming and so it's the place where I will spend the most time :)

I've implemented the idea I was talking about in my last post - there are few coding errors I need to work out ( I am calculating a directional change incorrectly ) however when you take the error into account the AI pretty works exactly as I imagined it. There are few parameters that will need to be tuned - new AI, new balance between difficulty and fun factor after all, but once those are tuned up and ready to go, the prototype's AI will be ready.

With that done, I'll be adding a few more menu features to control some of the other late additions to the games arsenal, finish polishing up the sound (yay for Audacity) and then - maybe, just maybe - the prototype will be finished. Unless of course I decide to add something else, but at some point that has to end right? I've got to show the game off at some point.

No comments: