Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bigger and Badder AI :)

So I just finished working out the main algorithm that will control the games AI behaviour ( this is from the perspective that any new creature I add to the game will use a variation of this algorithm in one form or another ). In order to get the group level behaviour I will need, I worked a way to use a SOM in real time. Basically the creatures will self-organize their overall behavior based on the events they are fed in the game (events having some measure of good or bad of course) - this will produce a final output to which I'll add a little noise in order to get an organized Mob like effect :).

The only creatures this won't work for are the ones that will be working alone - however those ones are special, not fully fleshed out yet, and something you'll have to wait for the full game to see :).

No comments: