Thursday, October 4, 2007

Major Change to Prototype...

Well, if you take a glance at the picture, the change should be obvious. I've completed changed the terrain! Why you ask? Well when I originally imagined the game, there was going to be randomly generated terrain with random boundaries. The problem with this is that it simply makes the game untenable - either you'd be lucky enough to get a map you could navigate, or you stood no chance. This was bad for game play, so I never implemented it. However - I left my prototype terrain generator in. Cost - nearly 60 - 100,00 triangles possibly more. The current terrain is a just a big box - it uses less than 20 triangles - allowing for better performance at higher game levels. So what you see is what happens when you remove the useless fat. I think it kinda looks better this way :D

No comments: