Tuesday, October 9, 2007

New Models and "Smarter" AI.


Alright - so two new updates my every so increasingly awesome prototype. First - new models, I wanted to cut down on the triangle count and those aliens were just taking up way more triangles then they justified. Second - although you can't see it, I've finished the update on the aliens AI. It's not exactly what I described trying yesterday, rather a hodge podge of a steering algorithm and the skewed probability heuristic I mentioned. It meets all the requirements and gets results I am happy with for the Aliens behavior. Plus, as an added bonus - I now have a simple way of adjusting the games difficulty level by simply adjusting the parameters that control the AI :).

I'm not exactly sure what else I can add to the prototype, the code base doesn't really extend nicely to all too many more of the full games features (since it was going to have to be redesigned for the XBox anyway) so it's hard to say what to add next. I will however keep my possible non-existent readers posted as I clean up the rough edges for the Concept Submission stage.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Nifty, man. Keep it up!

I'll have a 360 soon enough. :)