Saturday, September 22, 2007

Why?

So, other than pure unbridled vanity, or the usual answer of "because I can", the real question is why make a blog about my experience as a currently less than fledgling independent game developer? Two reasons:

(1) Writing about the experience forces me to think about it - and without thinking about it I obviously can't learn from it.

(2) I wanted a quick place to show people the progress on my game - and since I'm not big on building personal websites, a blog was easier.

(3) I want to be able to look back on this recent attempt - success or failure - and remember what kind of wacky, unreasonable, unethical, inane things I came up with before the age of 30 :)

(4) Occasionally I need a place to rant off topic, sure no one will ever read this other than a few friends and myself, but I enjoy the ranting :)

No comments: