Monday, February 18, 2008

War! What is it good for...cool effects of course :)


So I've got to say, this point is really a milestone for this game. This is the first time you can actually "play" the game. Now obviously not all the functionality is here yet - for example I am cheating in the above picture and giving myself the resources to create "infinitely" many robots for my side, but it does give me a chance to experience the game play. It's a lot faster paced then I originally thought it would be, but that's ok, it makes for an interesting game.

Anyway - what you are looking at is my robots and the enemy robots (both controlled by variants of the same AI algorithm) having it out. The enemy robots are programmed to learn that working together is good (they keep in clusters, and fight in groups), while my robots are less sophisticated - they only care about themselves. It's interesting to watch the two armies battle it out (esp. since the enemy respawns infinitely) and is going to provide me with a few hours of enjoyment before I get back to actually making the game :)

No comments: