Saturday, November 24, 2007

Still Working...

So the working name for this iteration is still "The Probe". This may change, but for the moment I still like the name so I think we will keep it. As for the game itself, I don't have any screen shots yet - unfortunately the graphics engine for the previous prototype was insufficient for the ideas in this one so I had to scrap. That's what I have been working on now. It's nearly ready for testing, (with the exception of the particles - but those will work the same way as they did in the previous game) I only have a few more features to finish up before I can test it. If all goes well, then the game will support a much larger playing field before which loads section on the fly, some very pretty water reflections, and nifty tricks of light, and the ability to switch from full view of day into literally pitch blackness where you won't see anything not illuminated by your flash light.

Once the graphics engine is completed and tested, I'll be working on the Physics engine - nothing fancy will be here, just a simple 3D rigid body physics simulation. More on that when the time comes :). Anyway, back to work for me!

No comments: