Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Playable Demo and New Features..Soon anyway

Ok, technically, as can be seen by the first video I posted for the game - it was playable, just not playable enough. There are a few more features that I want to add before I release a playable demo for people to try. Unfortunately, as I can now code new units and objects ohhh, 4 million percent faster then the 3D artist can make them - the art will still be the high resolution spheres and cubes of awesomeness!

Here is what will be in the playable demo (which I hope to have by next week...)

(1) One working level for each of the games primary mission types. (I make no promises about game balance at this point)

(2) A small array of robots - including robots that collect bio samples, robots that construct new buildings, robots that fight on ground, and robots that bring death from the sky :)

(3) The basic sound effects for the game will be present along with some preliminary music. We hope to improve this over time, but what you hear will be a start.

(4) Some punched up 2D graphics, depends on what Nic does by then.

(5) of course, everything you see in the video demo, will be in the public playable demo.

(6) Bugs! Probably lots I haven't found yet...they are free, and lots and lots of fun :)

No comments: